Plans for Spring 2021:
April - How Does Your Garden Grow Project
- seed orders may be placed starting In April through FCSS office
May 1 & 2 Clinic & Show N. AB Reined Cow Horse
May 14, 15 & 16 District 2 High School Rodeo
May 21, 22 & 23 Northern AB Reined Cow Horse
May 26 - 30 Black Elk Cutting Shows
June 19 & 20 Northern AB Reined Cow Horse
Summer including Fair - stay tuned!
1. With the help and guidance of MLA Ron Orr, Ponoka County CAO Charlie Cutforth and Gov't offices in Edmonton, the Ponoka Ag Society and Calnash AG Event Centre has successfully completed upgrades to ventilation, interior and exterior lights, kitchen and bar area appliances, and water movement and capture at the Ag Centre. Work was supported by a 2019 Energy Efficiency Grant of $279,000. Local businesses worked to complete all projects on budget and on time!
2. PAS provided sponsorship to the Ponoka District Beef Show and Sale and to the Achievement Day and Sale of the Crestomere Multi Club.
3. Great collaborative Garden Project - 150 families signed up to garden!!
4. PAS help improve handling of cattle at events at the Calnash by supporting the purchase of a Herringbone Cattle Handling System
5. Following AHS CoVid regulations PAS has hosted successful events:
High School Rodeo - District 2, Reined Cow Horse Clinic and Show, Black Elk Cutting Show, and 2 months of Open Riding with Obstacles.
6. Next Regular Board Meeting will be Wednesday, June 9, 2021.