Ponoka Ag Society Doing Great Things!
August 1 - 31 Garden Project Gardeners enjoying their gardens
August 3 - 6 PAS supports Youth Centre" Ag" Venture Week
August 11 & 18 PAS supports Calnash Summer Barrel Series
& Sept. 22 - check Calnash Ag Event Centre Website
September 1 Deadline for applications for Ponoka Ag Society Post-Secondary Scholarships
Two $500 scholarships to be awarded. Students......APPLY!! Application below!
Sept. 2 - 5 Stay Tuned!!!
Sept. 7 - 12 Black Elk Classic - spectators welcome
Oct. 14 - 17 Northern Alberta Reined Cow Horse Check it out!
June Board Updates:
1. With the help and guidance of MLA Ron Orr, Ponoka County CAO Charlie Cutforth and Gov't offices in Edmonton, the Ponoka Ag Society and Calnash AG Event Centre has successfully completed upgrades to ventilation, interior and exterior lights, kitchen and bar area appliances, and water movement and capture at the Ag Centre. Work was supported by a 2019 Energy Efficiency Grant of $279,000. Local businesses worked to complete all projects on budget and on time!
2. PAS provided sponsorship to the Ponoka District Beef Show and Sale and to the Achievement Day and Sale of the Crestomere Multi Club.
3. Great collaborative Garden Project - 150 families signed up to garden!!
4. PAS help improve handling of cattle at events at the Calnash by supporting the purchase of a Herringbone Cattle Handling System
5. Following AHS CoVid regulations PAS has hosted successful events:
High School Rodeo - District 2, Reined Cow Horse Clinic and Show, Black Elk Cutting Show, and 2 months of Open Riding with Obstacles.
6. Next Regular Board Meeting will be Wednesday, June 9, 2021.